Japanese Cultural Day
The Museum of Boulder is partnering with Sakura Foundation to present Japanese Cultural Day on August 28th from Noon to 5pm.
- Japan America Society of Colorado will be having live Calligraphy demonstrations
- Denver Takayama Sister Cities will be available to speak about beautiful Takayama, Japan
- Sakura Foundation will be giving lessons on origami and kawaii (“cute”) doodling projects
- DJ Ida will be selling one-of-a-kind scarves made from kimonos and hand-crafted Japanese-inspired greeting cards
- Denver Buddhist Temple Minyo Kai will be performing several traditional dances for your enjoyment. Denver Buddhist Temple Minyo Kai has been performing Japanese folk dance and sharing Japanese culture in Colorado since the 1960s. The grace and beauty of the dancers will take you back in time.
- An all-female Japanese Taiko drum ensemble, Mirai Daiko will be performing onsite, they have been performing in the Denver area for nearly 20 years. You won’t be able to sit still once the drumming starts and the beat carries you away!
- Become more familiar with Japan and Japanese culture by talking with members of Chibi no Gakko (a K-12 educational Japanese program) and the Japanese Arts Network.