CANCELLED! 48hr Family Film Contest
Do you and your family have what it takes to produce, film, edit, and deliver a short film within 48 hours?
Sign up with a team of 1 or 2 families to compete for your chance at having your work play at the museum and win prizes. Anyone may enter, and anyone could win!
The contest begins at 7pm on Friday, June 4 and finishes at 7pm Sunday, June 6. The Contest Head will give full instructions over Zoom at 7pm on Friday, June 4.
-$25 to register each team, free for SNAP Card users
– films can be up to 10 minutes long
– 70% of film must be with footage filmed within 48 hours
– can use your choice of video and audio editing software
– teams must adhere to State and Local COVID guidelines
– teams must be made up of members of one or two families
– different categories will make sure teams not only win for great cinematography/production techniques, but there will also be awards for best actor, music, writing, etc so everyone is encouraged to apply
– each team must incorporate at least 6 items from the prop list and 4 locations from the locations list. There will also be 3 secret elements that every film must have. These criteria will be revealed at the start of the 48 hours.
Here are the prize categories:
- Best Acting
- Best Cinematography
- Best Directing
- Best Editing
- Best Musical Score
- Best Sound Design
- Best Special Effects
- Best Use of Prop
- Best Use of Line
- Best Writing
- Viewer’s choice