MUSEUM OF BOULDER CAREERS
museum of boulder
Do you want to get connected in the community of Boulder, help preserve our history, and participate in awesome art and science projects? Then volunteering with the Museum of Boulder is the perfect fit for you!
No experience? No problem! We’ll provide all necessary training and support you in whatever position works best for you. All you need is a willingness to learn and an ability to commit for one full semester (approximately 4 months.) This is a great opportunity to learn more about the history of Boulder, get experience leading groups or working behind-the-scenes at a museum, and support a local institution.
We will be holding 3 volunteer information sessions in 2020, one in winter, one in early summer, and one in early fall. If you’d like to come by and learn more about the museum and our volunteer opportunities, please fill out the short form at the link below and we will reach out with the date and time of the next open house!
Our greatest needs are as follows:
- Gallery Attendants who can share behind-the-scenes info with our visitors and be present to oversee the objects on display
- Tour Facilitators to assist with visiting school groups of all ages
- Makerspace Attendants to spend time with visitors in our Google Garage, working with tools such as a virtual reality machine, laser cutter, and other hands-on activities.
- Event Facilitators to help put on our community events
- Exhibit Prep Volunteers who can help us when we change over exhibits (2-3 times per year)
We have plenty of other volunteer opportunities, as well, including more public-facing and behind-the-scenes positions.
Director of Development
The Museum of Boulder is seeking a positive, energetic, experienced, and organized individual for the position of Director of Development. The Director of Development will lead the organization’s fundraising efforts in support of the institutional mission. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of nonprofit fundraising and demonstrates the ability to work well with people and effectively develops, cultivates and maintains relationships across the organization and in the community. Experience in the non-profit sector is required. Museum experience is ideal, but not required.